Friday, May 10, 2013

FO Friday: Rib Fantastic

The mismatched pair of socks is finished:

Details: The pattern is Rib Fantastic from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn by Barb Brown The yarn is medium-weight Socks that Rock. I got the yarn from a destash, and I don't think I ever knew what the colorway was.

At first I didn't like the heavy feel of the yarn, but as I worked with it, I grew to appreciate it. After all, I do live in Wisconsin and my feet are always cold. Also, the yarn is so smooth and silky. I think they will be great under winter boots -- where no one will see my major mistake!

As for the pattern, I'm less enthusiastic. It succeeds in preventing pooling, and I appreciate that, but when knit correctly (sock on the left), it bulges on the calf in an unflattering manner.

All said, I'm glad I finished these. I started them in January 2011! I think they will be useful.

2 comments:

  1. I personally love your socks and Elizabeth Zimmerman would be proud of you! I read that she always placed a mistake in her knitting to remind herself that she is human and not perfect!

    How's that leg feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really nice ... and just tell everyone that the pattern difference was intentional. It's the trend nowadays my niece tells me.

    ReplyDelete