Friday, January 27, 2017

1 Year of Stitches Update

I have not yet missed a day in the 1 Year of Stitches project. There have been days when I literally added exactly one stitch, which is the beauty of this project. It is just so manageable.
I have no idea of where this is going. I'm sure there will be more buttons and beads, but that's about all I know at the moment. I am usually very controlled about my creativity, so working on daily whims is both scary and joyful. I certainly think it's a a good creativity exercise.

I'll be heading to the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw later. Looking forward to meeting up with old friends and making new ones!

13 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful - I just love your stitch work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is beautiful. Staring at it, it makes me think of something in the ocean (not sure what...). The colors you are using are just so cheerful. Enjoy the January Thaw Retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of that project! Have fun on your journey! I could use some January Thaw even if it hasn't really been cold here yet. Knock wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool project idea! What you have is lovely and very whimsical. Oh, what a great time to go on a retreat during the January blahs. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! What kind of thread are you using? Pearl cotton or floss?

    I've started the project, too. I don't know if I'll last a year, but it's good be be embroidering again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait for THAW details. We were in madison yesterday for the Phantom. You and I just have to meet. LEts set a date! I need to know about Thaw and such in the future. If you think of any others like it, will you let me know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far this looks a bit oriental to me. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is the best basis for a creative year long project, I have ever come across. Not only does it cope with varying time available each day, but lets you change direction creatively. Nice.

    Not sure what a Thaw is but hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We may not know where your stitch a day is going, but I am admiring where they have been :) Happy Weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the movement in it! And it does have a "Sun Valley" feel to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful stitching!! so cheerful to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,Google has been torturing me! This is my second try. Love your stitching! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete