Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Can't Keep Up

It is a hectic time. To add to that, my hard drive died, which would explain why I haven't been posting or commenting. Thanks to my house husband, that has been taken care of. Still, I'm feeling "off." Life without a computer is weird.

I made the "mistake" of going to a really nice LYS the other day when I needed needles. JoAnn Fabrics has far less temptations, but it is far from my house; the lovely LYS is only about a mile. Anyway, they had this pattern, the Trimont Snood, which I'd been admiring in magazine ads. It seems perfect to keep at work, where the temperature is quite variable.

Needless to say, I bought the pattern and a nice basic Rowan worsted in pink. The thing is, I'm getting a little tired of pink, so this may be a gift. If it's really nice, I'd like to knit one for myself in a different color.

I started The Girls by Emma Cline. I'm not liking it, but I 'll try to get through a few more pages before I give up on it. I gave up on American Housewife. I liked the first story, but it was downhill from there.

Joining up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

13 comments:

  1. After looking at just part of my stash, I've decided yarn shops need to be off limits; so it's stash shopping here. That looks like a nice pattern though! I just finished and enjoyed The Key to Rebecca by Ken Follett, lots of twists and turns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find i often have to be in a 'mood' for certain books.....and sometimes when I pick one up after it's 'rested' awhile, it's much more attractive. and then, there are those others.........!!! Can't waste my time on something I don't like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love when you tell us about your reading. I really like your philosophy about moving on to the next book if you really aren't enjoying it. It's brilliant. Life and reading time is too short! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't just go into the LYS for ONE item. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that JoAnn flyer where they advertised their yarns at 55% off for weeks staring at me on the counter. I never made it but it was burning a hole in my pocket for sure. That's the closest I get to a LYS around here so it was a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the yarn color will grow on you as you go along. The pattern looks perfect for warding off a classroom chill.

    I bought several things at the bookstore today ... now I have to decide which one to start OR finish the book I am already reading. LOL Such a good dilemma to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have spurred me on to look up the definition of "snood" which I had thought was just a hair covering net. I am interested to see it also can have a cowl/capelet shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is beautiful! Hmmm, I might have to look for that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love that pattern...and your yarn choice. I recently finished "A Gentleman in Moscow" and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive missed you. What a wonderful SNOOD pattern. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pattern. I am trying to avoid buying, but I have already purchased 2 skeins to use in planned knitting. So, maybe I will shoot for no unplanned purchases?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a really wearable pattern. I'm all for snoods and cowls as they don't fall off when I bend down to pick something up like my shawls tend to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pattern and the yarn so I can understand why you were drawn to it. Happy knitting my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your knitting is lovely, and I like the colour! I understand what you mean though about not being sure about colours, sometimes when you stare at something for a long time while making it you wonder if you really like it don't you. Hope you do enjoy it when it is done!

    ReplyDelete