Sunday, January 15, 2017

Year of Stitches on Day 15

Every weekend should be 3 days. Seriously! Especially for those of us who work 9-to-10-hour days. I just feel so relaxed and happy.

One of the things that is making me happy is the 1 Year of Stitches  project. Every day I add at least one stitch to my 10-inch hoop. As you an see, I usually pencil in a line and then go from there.
You can see all the amazing projects people are doing on Instagram at #1yearofstitches.

I'm using Sublime Floss from the amazing Jenny Hart. I know this is kind of OCD on my part, but I can't bring myself to mingle my Sublime Floss with my DMC. There are many fewer Sublime colors, which I think will help me maintain a sense of wholeness as this evolves.

Last night we had dinner and a movie with my parents. Later today I'm going to see Fences with a friend. Life is good!

10 comments:

  1. Happy 3 day weekend. Im happy for you and all who get a three day weekend! !!!! Please let me know about Fences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a fun design! Can't wait top see you continue to build it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy an extra-day weekend! Love your stitching project. Have you settled on a date for your Seattle trip? Let me know, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having a lovely extra long weekend. I am working tomorrow but at least will be home early.
    HUgs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching. It reminds me of a Tim Burton movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers for your 3 day lovely weekend. Your stitching and threads are so pretty. Now I am off to see what Fences is about via Google :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cute project. I wouldn't mix my flosses either. Guess I'm a bit OCD too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I am off to look at the IG hash tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU Made me so happy today. I did your knit/purl kitchener toesfrom TECH KNITTING. I DID IT . My toes are kitchenered because of YOU!!!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS. I needed a boost today , mom's worsening, and this was a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A 3 day weekend would be good wouldn't it, but only if we didn't have to fit the other five into four!! Hee hee!! Your stitching is beautiful, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete