Monday, January 16, 2017

A Very Quiet Day at Home

The best thing I can say about MLK Jr. Day for me is that I didn't have to take a sick day. The stomach bug hit -- and I cannot tolerate the stomach bug. So I crafted to keep my mind off the malady.
I finished the Toboggan Run hat. The yarn from Knit Circus (in the colorway Birds of a Feather) really makes the hat. This will have to be a gift as it is way too big for me.

I also finished the portrait of the artist Judy Chicago (of The Dinner Party fame), a project for the Jewish Artists Lab. It is my first acrylic painting and I think there is some resemblance between my painting and the artist herself. I've got a long way to go. What surprised me was how much fun I had painting, especially since I know nothing about acrylics. I can see where quality paints and brushes would be helpful!

Finals start Wednesday at my high school, so tomorrow is going to be crazy. I just hope that I am feeling better when I wake up!

13 comments:

  1. yuck yuck and double yuck.....stomach bug. blech. really hope you are feeling better soon!!! (your art always amazes me....you.are.GOOD!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better too. Stomach bug is NO fun.

    The hat turned out beautifully. That is a very pretty color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone here has that bug too. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look beautiful in your hat. I hate the stomach bug too :) Who doesn't??

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way could I knit or paint when I have the stomach bug! Am I the only person who literally has to stay in bed when I get it? BTW, the picture and hat are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the hat turned out! And, your creativity inspires me - I hope you are feeling better for the start of finals week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on both the hat and the painting. Just seeing a blank canvas or piece of paper intimidates me.

    How I remember the stress and chaos of Finals Week when I was still working. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping you are feeling better. Love the way your hat turned out and your painting is great! You do so much (even when not feeling well!!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling healthier on this Faux Monday. It seems like you have a lot going on w/o a malady. I would love to say a hat was too big for me. Tell me, what's that like ;) My head is H U G E. I like this pattern, I'll have to give it a go. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope today found you feeling lots better! Thanks for the pattern link for the cute hat. What size did you make? Love your painting, and good luck with finals week. Lots of grading to do?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you were ill :( The hat is neat! I have not made slouchy type hat but have been wanting to. You are very brave to tackle painting a person, and the painting does resemble her picture! I'm glad you enjoyed painting her. I am not fond of the smell of acrylic paint or oil/turpentine, but they are so different from watercolor...and I just enjoy fiddling around with paint! Hope finals run smoothly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hat! Your painting is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are feeling much better now. The painting is wonderful, you are a gifted artist my friend. Love the hat too!

    ReplyDelete