Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Hats and Books

I'm in the midst of two hats. The one of the left is a Toboggan Run by Jaala Spiro, knit in her gorgeous Knit Circus Yarn, Ringmaster worsted in the colorway Birds of a Feather.
On the right is a Pussyhat I'm making for a friend who is going to the Million Woman March in Washington, D.C., on inauguration weekend. I didn't realize this hat was supposed to be in pink until I was partway through it. Both colors are leftover Encore.

Knitting from the North is a library book that I am in love with. The patterns, mostly accessories, have a peaceful simplicity to them.
I'm not sure I'm going to finish My Life in Middlemarch. I can't say exactly why, but it's just not compelling to me. And I haven't started American Housewife, a collection of short stories. It looks like the stories are rather unusual.

Joining with Ginny to Yarn Along.

12 comments:

  1. Your hats look great - love the birds of a feather colors. I've heard a lot of good things about Knitting From the North.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Pussyhat is the best thing ever!!!! It made my day along with the dabbing teen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice hats; they look perfect for cold weather. I'm reading Dewey the Library Cat for book club. It's interesting and also includes some background information on farming in the Midwest. Our cats are Not at all like Dewey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great-looking hats - Toboggan Run has a LOT of seed stitch.

    Recently, I stopped reading two books because I felt like I was pulling them along rather than reading to see what was going to happen next. Frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not reading anything. Fireman is reading LOST about people who hike in the Boundary Waters and get lost. I LOVE your hats. Love Toboggan Run. I'll have to look for that Knitting From the North book. Looks inviting and if you give it a thumbs up I'll check it out

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Toboggan Run yarns looks lovely! My friend back East is going too and making a pussyhat. They want a sea of pink visually from above, so your hat will be fine and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors on the Toboggan Run hat. Ohhhh, but all that seed stitch! YIKES! LOOKS GREAT THOUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just browsed through Knitting from the North at Barnes & Noble this week and thought it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both hats - and I especially love the two color Pussyhat! I think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I sort of typed my comment to this post on your last post, except to say that I am always intrigued by you choice of books...almost always titles new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, I enjoyed Middlemarch but gave up on My Life in Middlemarch. Only very rarely do I not finish a book I start.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet the stories in American Housewife will be great, lots to laugh about and ponder while trying to keep it all together for your family.

    ReplyDelete