Thursday, February 2, 2017

Shoveling = No Retreat

When Keith was skiing last week in Canada, I only had to shovel the sidewalks. He hires a service to
cover the driveway for the week. I generally like doing the sidewalks, but this was the heaviest snow I have ever encountered. Over a week later, my neck and back still ache!

I only spent a couple hours at the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw (which I had so looked forward to) because I was in too much pain for plain old Advil. I went home, popped a muscled relaxant, and had my own mini retreat.
Before I left, I did buy a couple of skeins for projects I'd planned. The green is for Perhaps, Perhaps, which I started immediately. It's another wonderful shawl by Melanie Berg. This one is a long, shallow shawl, a shape that I find very easy to wear.The blue will become a Summer Camp shawl.

As sad I as I am that I missed all the fun, I have to doff my hat to Jeannette and George of Sun Valley Fibers; they put together THE BEST goodie bags, beginning with a really cute and durable bag:
 The skein of yarn is gorgeous -- this is not some leftover that did not sell! As you can see, there is notions bag, a mug, a tape measure, a scissors, a notebook, and more. Totally amazing. I don't know how they do it!

I only wish I had picked up more yarn. You know I'm in pain when it interferes with yarn shopping! Sun Valley Fibers yarn has a beautiful hand and is just so smooshy. The colors are even more beautiful than they look online. The subtle colors shimmer with quiet beauty, while the deep colors are deliciously complex. (BTW, I am not paid in any way by SVF. These are my opinions as a paying customer!)

The good news is that SVF will be selling at the Madison Knitters Guild Knit-In in March!




7 comments:

  1. That is so sad that you missed out on the bulk of the retreat. I sure hope you're feeling better. Muscle strain from shoveling can be awful. Colorful projects are a good cure for the dark days of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your back. Hope you are feeling a bit better (at least) by now. That is one awesome goody bag!! And the yarns you did manage to buy are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. I feel your pain. Love the new shawl and all the goodies.
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better soon! But, the yarn you got - lovely!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so so sorry. if you pain interferes with yarn, that is a real issue. LOve that you did you own knit in. Look at all those stitch markers in the shawl!! Love your goody bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you are in so much pain, if you have to leave a knitting retreat due to pain it must be really bad! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I'm so sorry you are in pain, and that you missed the bulk of the retreat. At least you managed to show your face and the goodie bag looks splendid.

    ReplyDelete