Saturday, March 12, 2016

Taking A Break

Some weekends are not as relaxing as others. Take this one. I am working on my Professional Development Plan; if I don't submit it by April 1, I'll lose my teaching license! Gone are the days when teachers maintained their licenses by taking classes. I have to write a plan, document that I carried it out, and write reflections. I was a newspaper reporter in my first career so I will get through this; I'm not sure how the others manage. It is a LOT of work.

Thus, a few breaks are in order -- along with a cuppa.
I picked up the new Piecework magazine because I want to knit the scarf on the cover. The Double Rose-Leaf pattern comes from Weldon's Practical Knitter, so the directions are words. I'm a chart girl, so I'm going to have to chart this out for myself, especially since it is a 21-stitch repeat. There are also a lot of good articles in this issue.

I've also been petting this yarn:
Kathy set up a sock-yarn swap and Ellen really made my day when her package arrived. She has clearly figured out that deep pink is my color.  The yarn is more pink than it looks in the picture, just a few shades darker than the bird on that adorable project bag she included! I have to admit that there were two chocolate bars -- they came in very handy during a rough week. They did not last long!

Thank you Kathy and Ellen for an awesome swap!

Now, I've got some more reflecting to do...

13 comments:

  1. Teachers are truly the unsung heroes of civilization. Sorry they make it such a pain. Love your new yarn!!! Xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do a plan in my last year of teaching and it was what pushed me over the edge into early retirement. Instead of thinking about the needs of the kids, I spent my last year thinking more about how to put on the show that the admins wanted than meeting the needs for my munchkins. It was painful.
    Nice swap goodies! Elns is always fun to trade with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing when and how to take a break is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new yarn package. Good luck getting your PDP done. Look forward to the knitting you can do as soon as it's done:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being on who knows nothing about teachers- that is insane that you have to do a PDP. I am sorry to hear that.
    In the meantime enjoy petting that gorgeous yarn from lovely Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. I love that yarn. Good luck renewing, I am sure that it will fly by and everything will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous swap gift! Very thoughtful and won't it be fun to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gift yarn! That certainly will make your week a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOwza. Great yarn for you and what a cute bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, that does not sound like fun. At least you have great goodies to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you can whip off that plan and get back to your knitting soon! That pink yarn should be a real motivator. BTW, did you email me? Check your email spam in case that's where my answer went. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! that is some pretty beautiful yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad the package brought you some happy. Your PDP sounds like such a pain in the tuckus. YUCK, I know you'll get it done and do an excellent job. Then you can return to more happy. Stupid work stuff is always getting in the way of the hobbies and good stuff. sigh.

    ReplyDelete