Monday, March 7, 2016

Stitching WithThoughts of Summer

Considering that last weekend I stayed in bed for both days, it was nice to be able to get out and do a few things this weekend. I went to the opening for a friend's photo show. It was her first one-woman show and it was fabulous. I put a hold on one of the works, so I'm looking forward to having it on my wall. Sunday I went sketching with a friend and then we had my parents over for dinner.

In between, I picked up my cross stitch project: Wilson's in Door County.
Keith and I go to Door County every summer. It's the thumb if you look at Wisconsin as a mitten (which all knitters do, of course). Wilson's is a restaurant/ice cream shop, one of the landmarks, and in our favorite town, Ephraim. With 11 weeks left in the school year (not that I'm counting), it felt good to look forward to summer.

Weeko says: "Is it Monday already?"
That's what I say, too.

13 comments:

  1. Aw, I see you cross stitch too>?!? How multi-talented we (you) are! And a cute kitty. Prrr.

    xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. WILSON"S!!!!! Love all things Door County too! Fireman and I Were there in September and it was wonderful. Love Peninsula State Park, love Egg Harbor. Love it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes it is Monday! Lovely lovely kitty. And stitching! Sounds like you have a great summer planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Weeko is so sweet! I love Door County -- such a beautiful part of the world. Never been to Wilson's, though. :) I want to start stitching again, too. I just picked up two kits from Posie Gets Cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michigan says mitten to me, perhaps Wisconsin is more of a fingerless mitt ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you are recovered and out and about! I love your cat and his little face, quite expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better this week. Your cross-stitch is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear Door County is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been itching to do some stitching myself. I think you just pushed me over the edge today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We go to door county every year too! What a fun way to represent all the great memories you made there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are definitely multi-talented! (And are reminding me to get back to stitching...) Door County is a pretty place, for sure. Somehow we missed Wilsons, so I guess we'll just have to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cross stitch is really coming along. I used to love stitching houses, buildings and landscapes. I have read of your Door adventures and I look forward to that trip for you. I'm trying to make Summer plans, and I'm a little frazzled and frantic by it all. I have so many scheduling issues for the next 6 - 8 weeks of spring, I kinda want to stick my head in a gopher hole till it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been to Wilson't in Door CO, how fun to be stitching it up.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete