Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Happy Sock Knitting

Sometimes a sock pattern just makes your heart sing. That's how I feel about this one:
It's the Rosa Rubiginosa Sock from The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet. I picked up this book a couple years ago, but this is the first pattern I've knit from it. So far the pattern is easy. I'm using Cascade Heritage in a turquoisey blue. Heritage is a bit splitty, but I've used it before and love the colors and the way it holds up.
The socks are Bat Mitzvah gift. I asked the young lady what color she wanted, and she said, "Blue." That seemed simple until I went yarn shopping. Somehow I had forgotten that there are at least a million shades of blue. I hope she likes this one.!

I'm almost done with Ghettoside and still finding it fascinating. I'm about halfway through My Brilliant Friend and the jury is still out on this one. There are a lot of characters to keep track of and there doesn't seem to be a plot in the traditional sense. But I will finish this book because I want to figure out why it is a worldwide publishing sensation.
Lot of choices for what to read next. It's going to be a tough decision.

I'm joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along.

12 comments:

  1. pretty socks! I have heard of the book on a podcast but haven't had a chance for a flip through. pretty blue you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun pattern for socks. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pattern and I love the blue yarn you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely thoughtful gift! I like that pattern. I'll go check it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty socks. The blue yarn is a beautiful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on Cascade Heritage; that yarn has made some of my favorite-to-wear socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great pattern and it looks perfect in that happy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book title - The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet- looks right up my alley....hadn't heard of it before but will check it out. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy that Ghettoside is still doing it for you. I know what you mean about forgetting how many colorways blue can come in! That is how I felt about my last baby blanket! Your sock is beautiful though, color and pattern, it will make a lovely gift for such a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sock! She will love it. I always like to see what you're reading. I finished A Fine Balance (very sad); now, on to All the Light You Cannot See. Hope my you got my last email?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read My Brilliant Friend, I have heard so many wonderful things about it.
    Love that sock.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sock pattern. And that blue is wonderful - she's sure to like it!

    ReplyDelete