Wednesday, December 2, 2015

She Said Sheepishly

I should be using all my knitting time to work on gifts, but I just can't resist a little selfish (and sheepish!) knitting:
This is the first of my Meta Mittens, a free pattern by  Elizabeth Wolden. Isn't that sheep just adorable? It's a pretty easy Fair Isle pattern, and so far I haven't had any problems. I'm using Regal yarn by Briggs & Little. It's a rustic yarn, not terribly soft, but I used it on my Spruce Tree Mittens and I really like the feel of it on my hands.
I don't have a picture of it, but I'm reading American Innovations, a short story collection by Rivka Galchen. I loved the first story. It's is compulsively readable, draws you into the head of a woman who isn't completely stable, and has a twist at the end. I hope the rest of the stories are as good.

I'm joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along.

18 comments:

  1. No, no, no......you can't go tempting me with awesome things like that when I am in the middle of a slog of a plain gray man sweater. Kidding aside, I LOVE them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ginny's links. THANKS! . Your mittens are GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is precious. I just love that sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sheep mittens. Definitely adding this pattern to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mittens and the best of both sheep --- you have white sheep for when you feel sweet, but a bit of black sheep when you feel naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, adorable mittens pattern! I'd go selfish for those too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mittens are super cute! I want to do Fair Isle knitting right on too, but am so far behind on gift knitting I dare not. But the day after New Years I'm casting on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, those are just too cute. Sheep to keep you warm this winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those will be fabulous! I love mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like another pattern to download! Thanks for the link; those mitts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those mittens are perfect! I love the sheep.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. the first thing that caught my eye, they are just plain adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind, supportive comment!!

      Delete
  13. very cute mittens...and aren't you smart to knit them NOW so you have a nice, new warm pair before the real cold sets in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. super adorable and I can see why you are knitting for the most important person :) I have been toying on what to make me very very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want to knit socks with that pattern. But it is not for free.... i going to draw one by myself i think (hope) :-)

    ReplyDelete