Sunday, December 13, 2015

Doesn't Feel Much Like the Holidays

Even a cheerful flock of Santas on bicycles doesn't make Madison look ready for the holidays. Not only do we have no snow, but it's been raining on and off since last night.
I was downtown with my mom doing a bit of gift shopping when these folks biked through. They put a smile on everyone's face.

It was perfect weather to start a Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood. This pattern has called to me for a number of years. I was tempted to start it when Rose of Sand in My Yarn posted about hers. This wet, rainy cold also made now seem like a good time to knit a substantial wrap! I happened on some Peace Fleece in a dusty rose (more muted than it looks in the photo) and off I went:
Last night I saw the movie Brooklyn with some friends. It's very sweet and well-done -- but definitely a love story. I'm glad I didn't drag Keith to it.


Thanks to all of you who sympathized with the strains of work. I'm just sorry so many of you share this type of stress!

12 comments:

  1. Gotta love biking Santas! Happy knitting... I love a good love story flick but always prefer to watch them alone so no one sees me cry (sob). Xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love that wrap! What a great project to cast on. I never go to/or view at home a love story movie with my husband. He always manages to ruin the kiss scene at the end. Great pic of the biking Santas. Madison is such a fun town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so warm here, the sun is so strong, I am not feeling the Holiday love at all.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bit dismal here too! Love the Santa's and the yarn you are using is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too hot here but I'm trying to enjoy my favorite things about Christmas anyway. I've put my Guernsey Wrap on hold until December 26 but then I'll be working on it with renewed passion! Will enjoy seeing yours as well, our KAL of two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those biking Santas put a smile on my face too.

    We have had the strangest December weather. It is way too warm and way too rainy. The weatherman DOES promise that we will get cooler weather starting on Tuesday! Yay ---- maybe it will put me in more of a Christmas mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The up-side of rain is that you don't have to shovel it! (But it does get tiresome.) Love those Santas and your newest project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been in the 70's here. I'm not complaining since I am not in the holiday mode yet anyway.
    I love that wrap and the color you choose is perfect for showing off all the fancy stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't feel like holidays here either. It's been 75 all week. Where is that white Christmas we all used to get?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to see Brooklyn! It looks like such a good movie. Biking Santas, how funny! I hope you get some colder weather soon, it's hard to imagine your area without snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your Santas on bicycles better than the boozey Santas we had crawling around our town ;)

    I have always wanted to do a Guernsey too, but I LOVE that yarn. such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete