Sunday, November 29, 2015

More Gift Knitting

The problem with family gatherings is that you can't knit holiday gifts while you're hanging out. For example, I had to keep these hidden away since my brother was around:

I don't think I've had a photo of these for a while. These Blueberry Waffle Socks are supposed to be done in time for my brother's mid-December birthday. I think I can do it.

Over the holiday weekend, I gave the Green Bay Packer socks to my other brother, and he was thrilled.  Even though he lives in Washington, D.C., he has remained loyal to the Green and Gold. The stockinette socks were boring to knit, but it was all worth to see how much he liked them.

It's odd to think that tomorrow morning the alarm will go off at 5:30 and I'll head back into reality. Oh well, at least it was a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Nice socks! And a very manly color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy reentry day! Winter holidays are right around the corner-with maybe a snow day or two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks must have made him happy after the ridiculous loss to the Bears!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the blueberry waffle socks are really pretty! I love the pattern. Im sure the Packer socks will be loved for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your socks!! I have oblivious family and can knit in front of them but I lie about what it is and whose it for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got me swooning over that pattern! I'm so glad you go those GBP socks to the other brother. You are so far into this Blueberry pair, no doubt they'll be done in plenty of time. They look great.

    ReplyDelete