Monday, November 9, 2015

Lazy Weekend with FO

I had a pretty lazy weekend, and I know I am not alone when I say that is an unusual even for me. So many of us are juggling many different demands, even on the weekend. Usually, I judge a weekend by how much I accomplish. By that standard, this weekend was a failure. 

My back and neck are still pretty sore after the accident at school last week, so I didn't actually choose to do so little. I should have been getting the house ready for Thanksgiving, but instead I read, napped, and knit. I did go to an art exhibit with a friend on Saturday afternoon and out for coffee Sunday morning. Mostly, though, I just rested -- and that felt pretty good.

I do have an FO: a finished pair of socks in Over the Rainbow, a gradient stripe yarn by Knit Circus, which just happens to be right here in Madison:
You can knit these, as I did, so that are different -- or start on the same color range so they match.
I love the way the color gradient stripes work out. It made the knitting go quickly!

10 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE. They are fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Giving me some sock envy right there. I'm sorry that it was soreness that slowed down your weekend, however it still seems you got a lot done. Just more relaxing things. Wishing your pain away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, that's just the kind of weekend you need. Love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i say you accomplished quite a bit with that great FO!!! Rest. Thanksgiving is still weeks (eeek!) away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. striping makes everything speedy I think. Any kind of pattern except cabling, that slows me down mentally and physically. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, sure thought I commented on your great socks! You were right-on about my sock pattern, only I used an Ann Norling basic kid sock pattern as they are for my GD, by request for rainbow socks. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the socks! They're so cheerful. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are mending quickly. I LOVE Those socks! Fantastic finish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful socks! Those colors are gorgeous. I hope you feel better soon, take care.

    ReplyDelete