Wednesday, November 4, 2015

From Big to Small

Some weeks are just harder than others. Monday morning, I received a significant neck/back injury at school -- by a student, completely by accident. The student felt really bad and apologized very sweetly. Nonetheless teaching with pain isn't the easiest thing I've ever done.

I am almost done with the Pelerine Shawl that is going to be gift. I feel like I've been knitting it forever.

Even though I haven't quite cast-off, I couldn't resist casting on for a much smaller project, ZuZu's Petals, which is a cowl that looks like a small shawl. I'm using a beautiful ombre yarn from Knit Circus, which has cashmere in it -- hey, my neck is sensitive!
I picked up a novel last night that I think I might be able finish. The first few pages, at least, are written in stunningly beautiful prose.
The Grief of Others is about the effect on a family of a disabled newborn who dies a few days after birth. If the writing stays this strong, I think I'll be able to stick with it regardless of the plot!

I'm joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along.




11 comments:

  1. oooooh pretty shawl, love those colors. i am now starting to have more than one project going at one time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colors in your shawl. They work so well together. Zuzu's Petals was such a fun knit. I finished mine so quickly and am definitely making another with my hand spun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.....so sorry that you hurt yourself. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    The shawl sure is pretty. Love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in the shawl. Zuzu's Petals in on my to-do list. Sure hope you're on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I hope your neck heals quickly. Love the shawl, the colours look great together and the new cowl looks lovely and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh let me know if you like the book! AND PLEASE if the yarn does not itch. I need the name of it so I can get it from KNITPICKS

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shawl just keeps getting prettier. I love those colors together. That's the second Zuzu's Petals that I've seen this week. Something is telling me to put it in the queue if it's not there already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your injury! I love the Zuzu's Petals pattern and have made at least three of them. Haven't read the book you mentioned but have read that author before and love her! Will look for that title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your neck injury is on the mend, how awful. both knitting projects are looking lovely, zuzu petals is such a great pattern for a gradient

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope by now you are feeling lots better! Glad you can relax with some knitting or a good book when you're not working. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no!! I'll be praying for fast healing and nothing permanent. My who knew that teaching was that risky!! lovely knit!

    ReplyDelete