Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Apologies, Socks and a Book

I have so much to apologize for today! I am behind on reading your blogs, and I do miss you! I will get caught up in the next couple of days.

Then there are these horrible flash photos. And I am sure you are very tired of the Green Bay Packer socks. I sure am!

Don't get me wrong. Jaala of Knit Circus did a great job with the colors, but I'm not a football fan. These are a gift. I'm happy to make them for my brother, but they are boring to knit! I am also worried about getting them done on time (Hanukkah comes early this year!), so I'm doing two at a time. I know it's not rational, but I feel like they go faster that way.

I'm about 100 pages into The Grief of Others by Leah Hager Cohen, and it's pretty good. Among other themes, it examines the intricacies of a long-term marriage, which I always find interesting.

So many books are about falling in love or breaking up. In some ways, those are the easy parts. Staying together for the long haul...that's an accomplishment!

Don't forget to Yarn Along with Ginny.

8 comments:

  1. I love your socks. I feel your pain. I have to be entertained with my knitting so to speak to be ocntent .......
    He's going to LOVE them . Just love them. Keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the socks look great! I'm not a sports fan so I can feel your pain. I think your brother will love them though! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stripes in those socks and doing two at a time is like magic, isn't it? You'll have them done by Hanukkah. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks! I sure can relate to being behind; the days lately seem to be going by at warp speed. At the moment I am reading and enjoying Orchard House when I'm not madly knitting Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish they were different colors, but I do love how those socks are changing as they go. Keep at it, I am sure it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colorful GBP socks! I love stockinette socks though, it is soothing to me. I think right now, I'm on a minimal effort/thinking knit streak. I tell you, long term relationships of any kind are absolutely fascinating. The dynamics, the effort, the battle choosing. It's life and that is many stories, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the socks and I have to knit two at a time if I can (they do go faster, I'm sure!)
    Keep going and I'm sure you will finish in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do not apologize! you will be visiting when you have time :) I know that I get swamped with stuff and I have to scale back as well. Lovely socks and I'm not a sports fan either. The book looks good.

    ReplyDelete