Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Short and Sweet Update

It's a crazy busy week: a couple of 12-hour days at school and my aunt is flying in from Seattle tomorrow, so I want to do some cooking.

Zuzu's Petals knits up pretty quickly, as other bloggers have noted. The lace pattern is quite easy to follow on the chart. You can't tell from its current state, but I have just two more rows and cast-off left to do.
I'm doing some more serious reading this days, research for the work I'm planning for the Jewish Artists' Lab, which runs through May, when we'll have a show. Emancipation is about the Jews' battle for citizenship rights in Europe during and after the Enlightenment. I'm addicted to those sticky notes. I love being able to mark pages without writing on them.

I'm joining up with Ginny at Yarn Along.

12 comments:

  1. 2 more rows - awesome! I love that feeling of satisfaction! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had a love affair with sticky notes-and masking tape-and highlighters. I couldn't teach without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your knitting and that soft colour way look sooo beautiful!
    And yes, those little notes are great - I like to use them for all those passages I wish to return too later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of your shawl! i was just in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. I love that part of the country. Went to college up Greenbay area too, now that was snow and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Yarn ALong link! I LOVE the shaded blue you choose....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I feel a strong finish coming! I am a sucker for sticky notes of all shapes and sizes. They've gotten me through a lot of tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got to look this pattern up! I love the way it looks all scrunched up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your shawl looks lovely! Like something I could do on normal days -- the lace shawl I just finished was the wrong kind of thing for trying to do while helping kids with school work! ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got that pattern, and now to get going on it! Thanks for the link. Yours is beautiful! I love sticky notes too, and they turn up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, post it's - I love them, for teaching and at home. Your shawl looks fab and probably finished by now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue and the look of your knit !!! Did you have fun with your aunt???

    ReplyDelete