Sunday, February 1, 2015

How Did I Live Without It?

My ball winder arrived in the mail this week, and I finally got a chance to try it out. As you can see, it works like a charm! I can't believe how much faster it is than winding balls by hand. Every knitter should have a swift and ball winder. I've come to believe they are as necessary as vegetables!

Now that it is Sunday night, I am finally feeling rested -- just in time to dive into another week of work. I had planned a busy day for today, but a snow storm saved me from myself and I had a day of cleaning and organizing, which is really what I needed.

On Saturday, I went to a half-day workshop sponsored by my school district on mindfulness, and it was amazing -- except for the parts where it took all my strength not to fall asleep.

I had the same problem last night at a birthday party for Bobby Burns -- Robert Burns, that is, the poet. Some friends who lived in Scotland for a while throw an annual party, complete with Scottish fare. I have no idea if the man was a decent poet because the "English" he wrote in is gibberish to my uneducated ear. But we always finish up by singing Auld Lang Syne, which is fun even though I have no idea what it means.

I hope that we all have a productive, but not exhausting, week.

5 comments:

  1. I have a winder, but not a swift. I'm thinking maybe I should get one. You are right...it would make things much faster.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have a swift. Only. Dee and I need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny I have a ball winder but I actually like to wind my own yarn into balls. Love the party idea. Have a good week,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, when I got my winder it was like a breath of fresh air. Glad you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a ball winder and swift for some time now, not long after I started knitting. I love that I can pick a yarn out and be knitting something up in 5-10 mins.

    ReplyDelete