Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Life Without Internet

First, there is a reason for my week-long silence. Every winter Keith goes skiing at Jackson Hole for a week, and every year something goes wrong around the house. This year, our wifi went out. Yes, I was a pioneer girl for a while there. Seriously, it is shocking to realize how dependent I am on the Internet. I couldn't access a recipe I have bookmarked, couldn't check e-mail, couldn't pay bills on line -- and, most seriously of all, couldn't read blogs!

I actually fixed it after five days, but then my brother and his family arrived for a visit from Washington, D.C., and I was busy with them. So, it's been a week away.

I am mostly knitting on My Favourite Things cowl. It is one of those projects you don't want to put down because it is so much fun to see how the next row will look.
It's coming along quickly, which makes me wonder why I knit so much with fingering weight!

This weekend, though, I knit quite a bit on the Jet Set Cowl this weekend, as it is more portable and allows me to pay attention to conversation. It is hard for me to have my brothers so far away, so I try to enjoy the time we do have together.

What's on your needles? Don't forget to check in with Nicole to Keep Calm & Craft On.

18 comments:

  1. I so love that cowl! I think it would probably be good for me if the wifi went out - it would make me walk away from this screen! It is so easy to just look at 'one more thing.' Great that you had some visiting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cowl will be an eye-catcher! I also knit mostly with finer yarns - and it is so nice once in a while to work with something heavier and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy to see why you can't put that lovely cowl down, it's bright and cheerful, the perfect project for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be sad if my wifi went out. Love the cowl progress and my you've done so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WiFI out is disruptive to us now ! I agree. Sorry you had to endure it.
    Your cowl is amazing.
    On my needles is a big cowl with huge stitches and soft acrylic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very lovely cowl. It's no wonder you want to see it grow...so many changes to keep it really exciting while knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty sure I would go crazy without internet for a week. So I am glad that you are back and still sane. I love your cowl! The colorwork is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not gonna lie. I hate when we have any kind of internet, wifi, cable issues. Not only because I love my electronics and connections, but because they are always such a pain in the you-know-what to resolve. ugh. If knitting that cowl is half as fun as it looks you have got one excellent project in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This favorite things cowl is gorgeous. I know what you mean about seeing what comes out of your yarn work and not wanting to quit.☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. This favorite things cowl is gorgeous. I know what you mean about seeing what comes out of your yarn work and not wanting to quit.☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is turning out lovely. I love these sorts of projects, the ones that you have to force yourself to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cowl is so lovely. I love the bright beautiful yarns and the change of the pattern. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cowl is coming along nicely - you must be nearly there now? Can't wait to see it in its full glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It really stinks when there is some sort of electronic issue in my household. It's like I lost a limb or something. Anyhoo, your cowl is looking amazing! I am loving seeing how it is progressing. It really is lovely. I currently have those TTL Mystery Socks still on my needles. I did manage to spend some quality time with them yesterday. Hoping to get them finished by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five whole days without WiFI is almost to much to take! I swear when my computer cashed last year it was really an eye opening event for me because I seriously spend way to much time on it. I was surprised at how addicted I am to it.
    Hugs to you and love your knitting.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow your cowl is gorgeous!! I love the Colours and all that colour work. I have seen that pattern and now I know I will have to do it too. No wifi, now that would be very tough. Hard to believe we ever survived without it! I spend too much time on my devices I have been told , lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can imagine it would be so weird to lose the wifi connection. But probably a bit refreshing : ). It would probably be easier to stomach a planned internet fast (to make preparations, you know) than an unplanned one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this cowl so much!! I don't have enough scrap fingering weight yarn yet but it's only a matter of time right :)

    ReplyDelete