Sunday, April 13, 2014

You Gotta Love Ravelry!

 In a couple of days, I'll be heading off to Washington, D.C. Both my brother (and his family) and my daughter live there so it's a family trip rather than a tourism venture. Between the flights and hanging around with family, I expect to have lots of knitting time.
4741835591_397d940c0d_n

I don't think I'm the only knitter geeky enough to waste spend hours planning my travel knitting. I have a pair of Hermoine's Everyday Socks that is about 10% done, so I'm taking that project. But it doesn't feel like enough for a full week! So, I'm also taking supplies for 28's Cousin, 53 (pictured above). It's one of those amazingly easy patterns that gives you a fabulous result.

I was about to swift up a ball of brightly colored variagated yarn, when something made me pause and look through Ravelry. It quickly became obvious to me that I would hate this shawl in the yarn I'd chosen.

So, I'm heading back down to the basement for another stash dive.

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip. I always pack my knitting first, everything else can wait.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! I often look through projects on Ravelry before finalizing my yarn choice. It's an awesome resource!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe (and fun) travels.

    Our vacation planning definitely includes plenty of thought on the travel projects AND looking for any yarn shops that will be on our route.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you plan. I'm off the check out the pattern for that shawl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ravelry is just the best for that, isn't it?! It's saved me hours of frustration many times. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete