Friday, April 11, 2014

Another Rescue

So my first rescue -- the toe-up sock -- isn't going so well. Instead, I'm working at this one:


I must have started these baby socks 5 or more years ago. I have no idea where the pattern came from, but I'm pretty sure the yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. It's kind of a strange stitch pattern and it hurts my hands if I work on it for too long. Still, I SO want to finish something!

I haven't been knitting much this past week because I've put in some long days at work. A student's father died unexpectedly, so I went to the funeral that evening. And I was talked into being on the advisory panel that is helping to pick a new principal for next year. I'm actually very nervous about this. I don't want everyone to hate me if we end up with a poor choice! I have to keep reminding myself that the superintendent will make the decision.

This afternoon marks the beginning of spring break and I am sitting in my back yard to blog, even though it isn't really warm enough. Being outside is just too awesome to pass up!

I'll leave you with some signs of spring in my own back yard:


1 comment:

  1. The little baby socks are adorable. What is the stitch pattern that "hurts"?

    ReplyDelete