Friday, April 4, 2014

FO Friday: A Simple Cowl

It's another Present Cowl.

I think I'm done with this pattern for awhile. It can't be beat for showing off a beautiful worsted yarn. And speaking of yarn, I have no idea what this is -- but I love it!

I have a quiet weekend ahead of me, so I'm hoping to make some progress on the toe-up sock. It was nice to learn from the comments that I'm not the only one who just doesn't get toe-up. It's too bad because I love Wendy Johnson sock patterns. But there are plenty of awesome cuff-down patterns, too.

Keith just got home with a very woozy cat. Weeko has major dental problems. She's so skittish and hard to handle that they really drugged her up at the vet. She looks, well, drunk. But it's more sad than funny. The poor baby is going to need major dental surgery, so we're lucky to live a mile from the UW Veterinary School -- where Seth will be a student in the fall!

We hope they can get her in soon. She is in so much pain that she's barely eating or drinking and she's losing weight. If I'm not worried about my children, then it's the cats!

Don't forget to check in with Tami Amis for more FOs.

4 comments:

  1. I love your new cowl. I queued the pattern. I have some nice alpaca that I think would work with this. Maybe I'll have TWO cowls to use next winter.

    Sending good vibes to poor Weeko. Hope the dental stuff gets done easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kitty baby! Go Wisconsin this weekend in the tournament

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic in that cowl, so sorry your baby is hurting. My Max has had a bad belly, it is always something.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete