Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WIP: On The Road

I started the "28's Cousin 53" yesterday on my trip from Madison to Washington, D.C. You don't start with a little tab, so, as you can see, it doesn't look like much yet.
I love, love, love the yarn. I bought it years ago at the Madison Knitting Guild's Knit-In, and have been waiting for the right pattern to come along. I bought it fro a local dyer, htNevele, who I haven't seen around for ages. The good news is that she has a Etsy Shop. I highly encourage you to visit. Her yarn is beautiful

It's a beautiful if chilly day here in Washington so I took a glorious walk to my favorite bookstore in the whole world, Politics and Prose. I feel obligated to help keep this indie bookseller going (it's a heavy load, but I persevere) so I was happy to find that I book I've been waiting come out in paper is on sale.
Yes, I know. Art geek stuff. What can I say?

It is so nice to be here with my brother, sister-in-law and niece, and, of course, my daughter. I'm thinking I'll take everyone out for dinner tonight. There is an awesome pizza place in their neighborhood.

Don't forget to check out other WIPs with Tami Amis.

8 comments:

  1. That is a great orange yarn. Im headed over to the sight. Have a fun trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to DC so bad someday. What a lovely yarn, I can't wait to see your FO. And that book looks fun - hooray for art nerds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at dinner. I'd totally buy that book. In fact, I think I'll poke around online to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of that yarn. It reminds me of a Dreamsicle popsicle.

    Have fun in D.C. There is some GOOD FOOD to be found in that town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bookstore! Enjoy your visit! I'm on break too but hanging around home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful visit, enjoy your family, good pizza and great knitting.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Art nerding is the best :-D enjoy!

    ReplyDelete