Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Slow But Steady

I'm still plugging away at my "28's Cousin, 53" shawlette. The early morning light doesn't show off the sunny yellowness of this yarn, but it was the best I can do.
Going back to school after break yesterday was tough. I thought the 8th-graders would be relaxed and happy for at least a day. I thought wrong! They were wound up and restless. I'm hopeful that today they will be back in the swing of things.
The shawlette is quite mindless, so I'm planning to go home, make dinner, and sit down with the shawlette for a few episodes of "Call the Midwife."
Go on and see what others are working on with Tami Amis.

7 comments:

  1. It's looking good. The colors remind me of peaches and cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought the kids got very restless after spring break. It's like they already are wired for summer break and forget there is another 9 weeks of school. Fifth grade boys were REALLY hard to get settled after spring break.

    Hope your kids "get with the program" soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shawlette! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the shawlettte you are working on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of that alternating stockinette/reverse stockinette/eyelet. Should be lovely when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand about the 8th graders, I work with pre-schoolers and lately spring has gotten them very wound up.
    I love the color of your shawlette, and the pattern is interesting too. Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing good things about call the midwife....I'll have to check out an episode. The shawl is coming out great - the colour just seems so happy :)

    ReplyDelete