Friday, January 31, 2014

FO Friday: Baby Blanket

Two of my teammates from school have had babies in the last year, so I just finished the second blanket:
I

I have to say that it isn't really this crooked, but rather the camera angle is a bit wonky.

I made it up -- though I'm sure many people have made up this same pattern -- using metered blocks. I like the way it looks and the fact that you pick up stitches for new squares. I don't think I could handle sewing together this many pieces!

I used Lion Brand Jiffy because it's thick and cozy and machine-washable. The drawback of acrylic, of course, is that it can't be used for a sleeping baby as it is flammable.

What have you finished this week?

3 comments:

  1. Cute blanket. It still must have been a lot of ends to weave in though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really finished anything this week :( But what lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete