Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bad Blogger!

How did I go a week without blogging? Shame on me. To atone, I have set a goal of blogging every day this week.

Blogging may be easy -- if the schools are closed due to cold weather. Some school districts have already announced that they will be closed both Monday and Tuesday. Our district usually waits until the last moment. In the meantime, I'm trying to assume I will have to get up and go to work in sub-zero temperatures tomorrow.

It would be nice to make some progress on these socks.  The pattern is Hermione's Everyday Socks. I'm knitting them in purple for my niece, who is having some health problems and loves both purple and Harry Potter. It's easy to imagine watching a movie and knitting tomorrow.

However, we have used up our bad-weather days. If we miss any more school days, we'll have to make them up, which isn't very appealing. It gets very hot here in the summer, and our schools are not air conditioned.

 I'm trying hard not to check the Internet for school closings every 10 minutes! It will be easier this evening when I'm going to a Robert Burns party. If they have haggis, I'm not going to eat it! In case you're not familiar with haggis, it is a savoury pudding containing sheep's heart, liver, and lungs, mixed with other ingredients and encased in the animal's stomach. I'm not a vegetarian, but I do have my limits!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to wish you a snow day - or a frigid cold day really - or not :) I love the purple for those socks. Looks like a great yarn choice. I bet your niece will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a perfect shade of violet purple and such a nice textured pattern. I loved when the kids had snow days, but too many of them, well then I unwished the snow days. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete