Tuesday, January 7, 2014

There Isn't A Deadline For Resolutions, Is There?



For the second day in a row, most (if not all) schools in Wisconsin are closed because of cold weather. However, I have not been knitting and eating bonbons -- although those are two things I love to do. I've been thinking and planning and organizing.

I don't do New Year's resolutions, but to be honest, I need to do things differently. My life is too chaotic, too stressful, and too hectic. I want to enjoy my daily life.

So the first different thing I'm going to do is make some resolutions.

First, I need to take care of myself. To that end, I am going to meditate for at least 5 minutes 5 days/week and to exercise for at least 20 minutes. I realize these are little goals, but I know that I need baby steps in these areas!

Second, I am going to drastically reduce the amount of sugar I consume -- bye-bye bon-bons. Really, I have no self control once I start with candy or ice cream or cookies.

Third, I am going to devote more time to marketing my jewelry and other work.

Fourth, I'm going to stash-bust! This applies to both knitting and beading. I suspect I am SABLE in both (stash amassed beyond life expectancy). And owning so much raw material is beginning to feel like a burden.

So, no more impulse yarn buys -- like the one at the top of the page. This yarn called out my name a few weeks ago at an LYS, so grabbed it, came home, and found pattern for it. More on that when it's an FO.

Fifth, I want to listen more and talk less. Be present. Be kind. Be thoughtful. Which brings me back to my first goal. I guess I could start now by taking a few minutes to meditate.

2 comments:

  1. Those sound like great resolutions to me! It's difficult to make time for self-care every day, and super easy to fall out of the habit, so I think those are very good goals. What a fun skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing list. The sugar thing is on mine too - too much makes me depressed anyways. I am glad you are trying to Stashbust. Just keep saying you can do it and you will!

    ReplyDelete