Thursday, January 16, 2014

And We're Off ... A Year of Sock Knitting

It started yesterday -- but I'm sure you could jump in today ...

Knitting Sarah has launched a year in which we will knit on socks every single day. I think that it's impossible to knit enough socks -- everyone wants a pair, right? -- so I like this idea.

I started by adding a few rows to this sock:

Plain Vanilla Sock in self-striping Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
























If you love socks -- or want to learn how -- jump over to Sarah's web site.

Hope to see you there!






4 comments:

  1. that's a great idea! a few rows a day, over a year - that will equate to a lot of socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that sounds fun. I don't think I can dedicate that much time, but I hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is a bad thing to complain about to a midwesterner, but even though I LOVE wool socks, it's only cold enough to wear them about three months out of the year, and this year, it doesn't even look like we'll have winter at all. We had like a week of 20 degree temps, enough to kill my lettuce garden, and it's been "warm," like in the 60s and even 70s ever since!

    Thanks for the welcome back. I have missed my blogging peeps:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never knit enough socks in my opinion, LOL! Every year is a year of socks in my household :) Nice to have someone along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete