Sunday, May 7, 2017

Recipe for a Good Saturday

Spring is here in it's green glory! I could hardly wait to come home Friday afternoon and weed. It's been cold and rainy this spring, so this was my first time out in our yard. It felt good to be doing something outside.

Saturday morning, I biked to our library's monthly used book sale. Look what I got for a quarter each:
When I came home, I cast on for Helen Stewart's Spindrift Shawl.  It's a really relaxing knit, perfect for listening to audiobooks or streaming your favorite show or movie.

I came home and started working on a new embroidery project. Naji is enjoying our screened porch as much as I am.
After lunch, I went out for coffee with my mom, and later I had dinner at a friend's house. Her husband loves to cook and he made this huge and amazingly delicious pavlova:
All-in-all a perfect day!

What did you do this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Great find on the knitting magazines! That pavlova is gorgeous!! Colder than normal here too...I even saw on radar a wintry mix north of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your shawl will be perfect in that speckled colorway. OH I'd love some pavlova. Al made it for us when we were in OKlahoma. So chewy so light so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pavlova looks delicious. You did well with the magazines, your shawl looks a lovely yarn. This weekend I did some more crochet, shopping and taxi service dropping and collecting the teens from town. They wanted to see the new film out - Guardians of the Galaxy 2. One went Friday with friends and stayed over, the other went the next day with his girlfriend.
    On Sunday we went out and looked at a few caravans for sale, it's over 20 years since we had a caravan - how things have changed. We've had a trailer tent for years. Have a good week. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Saturday, I went to the Fiber Guild Spring Retreat and took two classes: dyeing wool with Kool-Aid and food coloring and making a latch-hook chair pad with wool roving. It was great fun. This morning I dyed four more skeins of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely day you had! I went to our guild's fashion show and brunch - it was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow!!! Look at that strawberry thingy. I won't be able to get that out of my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo Pavlova mmm. Your weekend looks absolutely dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pavlova... mmmmmmm! Now, that looks like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy looking dessert! We visited the GK, sang in choir, and came home to pull weeds. (only made a tiny dent in that!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely wonderful weekend you had! I love when our library has it's sale but I've never found knitting mags. I just recently picked up free issues of the New Yorker and they are less than a month old :) I felt lucky!

    ReplyDelete