Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Hard Habit to Break

I can't stop thinking of Wednesday as the day to blog about books and needles, so here's what I'm up to.

I've started the Fair Isle on the baby hat, but I am simplifying the pattern so there are only two colors per row. It doesn't look lime much, yet.
And I've jumped on the Hygge bandwagon, which I first learned about from Kathy. I'm especially interested in Hygge because I'm going to Copenhagen in June. Believe it or not, my round-trip ticket cost $422. Obviously I bought it immediately. I was happy to go alone, but two friends are joining me. It gives me something to look forward to in these last six weeks of school.


10 comments:

  1. You will love Copenhagen! It's an interesting city, but we thought it was expensive although that was quite a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Your trip will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you are going to Denmark. My (maternal) grandfather was from there. It will be a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite fair isle is peeries (?) which is always just two colored rows. I think it looks fantastic and it does not complicate the process. Happy Hygge!!! A trip a trip!! wowza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! Copenhagen! How fun! And, I love hygge and your knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I just bought a book about Hygge that is supposed to arrive tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. how exciting for you! I hope you have fun and take lost of photos for us, PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will adore it! I can promise. To maximise your budget and to get the most out of the city I recommend getting a Copenhagen card - order online - for the time you are there, includes entry into just about everything and public transport, busses and trains and reductions on other things. Just got back and it was fabulous! Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Copenhagen is lovely! Lucky you! :)
    I'm reading this book right now and enjoying it -- I want to try some of the recipes, esp. the sweets, but we're supposed to be on a fruit and veg kick right now...

    ReplyDelete