Wednesday, May 24, 2017

UFO on an UnraveledWednesday

I've finally gotten serious about the second Idlewild sock. These are very stretchy socks, so if you make them, cast on fewer than you normally would.
I'm almost done with This Close to Happy, and I have to say that it is a disappointment. The subtitle calls it a "reckoning with depression," which it is not. The book is more a memoir than an examination of depression. Up next, I think, is The Lonely City, which is a book of essays.

I'm joining up with Unraveled today

11 comments:

  1. I love the color of your Idlewild socks, and here's hoping that your next book is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Idlewild socks are beautiful. "The Lonely City" looks to be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture on those socks is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow to your socks! I wish I was a sock knitter but I just can't get into them. I'm a hat fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks do look like they would be stretchy and comfy to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work; I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those socks! And stretchy? This might be excellent for some people I knit for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire the socks you are making! I am untangling yarn today. I'm sorry the book was a disappointment, and I hope the newest read will be more satisfying. I just started "The Wounds of God" by Penelope Wilcock, a rich novel about the lives of monks in a monastery, and am nearly finished with "Tea Ceremony" by Shozo Sato, about the interesting history of the Japanese Tea Ceremony. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you have a pair by now!! bummer about the book being a disappointment after all the time dedicated to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry the book was a bust. However I'm tickled your bookcover matches your knitting. hehe.

    ReplyDelete