Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Farewell to Yarn Along

I was sad this morning to read that Ginny has retired Yarn Along, a Wednesday link-up she has hosted since 2010. Of course, I totally understand her readiness to move on, and I'm sure many of us with continue with Tuesday's Keep Calm and Craft On with Nicole. Still, I will miss the reading element that Ginny brought into our world.

So, it is with bit of sorrow that I post my last Yarn Along, which includes both a new knit and a new book.
Summer Camp is a shallow and long shawl designed by Laura Aylor. The solid sections are Sun Fiber Valley yarn, and the speckled yarn is from Hedgehog Fibres. Both are yummy and fun to work with. It's designed to be a mindless knit, and it is quite easy.

Everyone Brave Is Forgiven follows three fictional Londoners through World War II. Chris Cleave, who wrote Little Bee, takes on a narrative voice that has the ring of history, but I'm not far enough into the book to say if it works. The dialogue sparkles with dry British wit, so I'm encouraged by the first few chapters.

Joining up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

13 comments:

  1. beautiful knitting! I love the colors :) I started Still Life by louise penny and it's quite captivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your latest shawl will be beautiful - the colors are wonderful. I just finished reading "The Summer Book" by Tove Jansson and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe some of Ginny's blog readers will take over the Yarn Along.

    Knitting and reading go well together. I frequently "read" while knitting: audio books are the main source of my "reading" time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad to see it go as well today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bummer! I just decide to start blogging again and want to join up with the Yarn Along - and now it is over! Arghhh! Thanks for giving us this other link! I can hopefully share something there...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should still post what you are making and knitting. You don't have to have a link up party. I always find what you are reading to be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playground shawl would be great for your multi skein purchase from last post. Agree with Meredith about posting your reading; maybe we can do a read along? I loved the book you're reading now, hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that, but I hope you'll still post what you've been reading anyhow. I just started Pivotal Tuesdays: Four Elections That Shaped the Twentieth Century after hearing the author on Monday. Margaret O'Mara is a history prof. at UWA. Love your speckled yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will look for that book. That sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a mindless shawl knit. I ll go look up summer camp. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so sad to see Yarn Along go, too. It was a nice constant, reminding me of what I like to do best and that there are like-minded souls out there. Kindred spirits, so to speak. I love that blue yarn! I just read Lincoln in the Bardo and it was amazing -- George Saunders can really write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never participated in Yarn Along, but I always enjoyed people's posts on it, much like any of your book posts! So, please, don't you stop sharing your reads with us! This book of yours might be up my alley!

    ReplyDelete