Wednesday, March 1, 2017

New Book Yarn Along

Because I had a few recent finishes, it seemed reasonable to cast on a new sock, Idlewild by Kirsten Kapur in Sun Valley Fibers MCN in the color Jungle.
The sock just happens to be from Drop Dead Easy Knits. I don't buy a lot of knitting books because there are just so many and I can't knit that fast. But this one I've looked at for a while. I adore Kirsten's patterns and she has some really good ones in this book. As promised, this sock is pretty darn easy!
I started reading Spectacle by Pamela Newkirk, which is the true story of an African man who was exhibited at the Bronx Zoo early in the 20th century. Man's cruelty to man never fails to amaze me. Nor does the spirit of people who survive such travails. I've only read about 40 pages, but it's fascinating so far.
Did you notice my tea? It's Inuit tea that I bought in Quebec last summer. I've tried two flavors, and it is some of the best herbal tea I have ever sipped. I'm going to have to see if I can get more online

I'm linking up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pattern! It looks very warm and squishy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock looks so great and I have the book! YAY. I'm off to look at that tea on line...have never heard of it before. Curious to hear more about the book, but it might be too upsetting to me to read. You're right about man's cruelty to man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Araignee, the sock does look squishy and comfy.

    Several years ago, I found some luscious teas in Canada, too. I hope you'll be able to order yours online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sock! The pattern is lovely. Thanks for two good book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, new tea? Sounds decadent! love the new sock pattern on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks are cute! And, what interesting tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pattern of the sock and the color. That is horrible that an African man was treated that way back then, we have come a long way but still have a lot of work to do. Hope you enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those books look wonderful. How can man be so cruel, and frankly continue to be that way. It is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Kristen's patterns, too! I'm reading The Civil Wars of Julia Ward Howe; it's interesting, but she had a really sad life.

    ReplyDelete