Tuesday, November 29, 2016

On the Needles and the Nightstand

Well, we have come to that time of year when I have to rely on some flash photos, so excuse the less-than-attractive photo ...

I have a feeling that I could use this photo every week for a while:
I have started on my second Robson. It is quite different from the first, but I like it. These scarves take two full skeins of sock yarns, so they are not exactly quick knits -- but the final product is worth it!

I'm working my way through the classic Victorian novel Middlemarch by George Eliot. It took me a bit of effort to get into it, but I am thoroughly enjoying it now.

I'll be joining up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful knitting and great book selection! I just added that to my read list for next year! GMTA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great big book and a good project to settle into for winter stitching/reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try really hard to remember to take a photograph....but when it's a cloudy rainy day all bets are off. lovely knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sock yarn scarf! Yes, that will take some patience, but you're good with that stuff. It has been a while since I read Middlemarch. I think I read it visiting my mother back in Hawaii a long time ago. I remember feeling the same way, took me a bit to warm up to it, but I did enjoy it. Wishing you good knits and good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy knitting! It's a pretty pattern. Haven't read Middlemarch but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than a good book and a good knit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty yarn. I have to ask Al if she's read Middlemarch. I think she'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just caught up with your last few posts and am especially glad you had a happy Thanksgiving celebration and safe travels. While November had happy celebrations and safe travels for me too, it ended with me realizing with sadness and jealousy that I would have celebrated my 45th wedding anniversary on the 26th had my husband not died 7 years ago, and then having to turn from my negative thoughts to also acknowledge gratitude for the 38 years we shared. But most of my November has been impacted by the upheaval I am experiencing in our democracy...grieved by the assumed doom that reverberates around us...wrestling with how I can best move forward in standing against prejudice, and for freedom to work for peace in a society that struggles to unitedly define what prejudice and peace are and how they can best be eliminated or embraced. I am cheering you and myself on in this process as we each stitch and read and love those around us as best we can. xx

    ReplyDelete