Sunday, November 20, 2016

Crafty Weekend

It was a good weekend to putter around the house because winter temperatures arrived abruptly. On Thursday, the highs were in the 70's; but on Friday, the high was about 35 degrees. Not enough time to acclimate!

I'm almost done with my Robson scarf, from the Sequence Knitting book. This picture doesn't do it justice. The colors are much more subtle than they look here. I had some issues with dropped stitches, as you can see from the little stitch holder at the left. Once I get everything woven in, it is going to be an awesome scarf.
I found some time to work on embroidery:
I did get out a few times. Friday night we had fish fry for my husband's birthday with my parents. Saturday night, some friends who just visited Italy had an Italian-themed party, complete with a slide show and an Italian trivia game. And I met up with my drawing group at a local art museum:
In between, I tried to get organized for our Thanksgiving travels. We're celebrating in Washington, D.C, with my parents and brothers. Both my kids will be there, so I'm pretty excited. Plus, only two work days this week!

Hope your weekend was what you wanted!

9 comments:

  1. Deb. Have a great thanksgiving! You stitching is lovely. Allison wants a learn to embroidery purl soho kit for the holidays. Any thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you can be with your family! Safe travels and have a VERY happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your travels! Happy Thanksgiving! And btw, your embroidery work is stunning. What is the fabric that you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous texture in that scarf. I zoomed up just to drink it all in!

    Your embroidery is beautiful too!

    Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is gorgeous! And, that embroidery - so perfect! Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and safe travels. Love your scarf and the colors in your embroidery are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Thanksgiving in DC! Love your embroidery and your drawing! So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday to your husband! I love your embroidery!! Looks like a perfect weekend to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! Love the drawing from the Chazen. I'm still not used to the name change -- I still think LVM.

    ReplyDelete