Sunday, November 6, 2016

Loving Fall -- Especially This One

Walking home from school Friday afternoon, I had to stop and take this rather silly picture:

It was another warm day. The leaves crunched under my feet, but not loudly enough to drown out the sounds of the UW-Madison Marching Band practicing.  I gave myself a break from paperwork for the last part of the week and spent all my time working with students -- which is the good part of my job. It was one of those golden afternoons where everything felt right.

Like the leggings? They are really fun an comfortable. A few months ago I discovered Gudrun Sjoden, a Swedish designer, and I am crazy about her clothes. I bought a few with my birthday money and I'm pretty sure that's were some holiday gift money will go, too. These were part of the summer collection.

I've been doing some gift knitting. I wish I could remember and thank the blogger who pointed me to this pattern:

This is the Darn Knit Kinetic Cowl by Carly Stipe, knit up here in Berroco Brio. This is a great, fast knit. It just flew off my needles. And I love the result. It is very light and comfortable to wear. I might have to do one for myself.

My brother is visiting from Washington, D.C., this weekend, so life is good.  Hope yours is, too!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE those leggings! I've been eyeing all the wild and crazy ones in the stores these days. Now I know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those leggings are fabulous! Love the cowl as well, a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your leggings and your fall capture. Your cowl is beautiful and so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are really enjoying fall! Love the leggings. Perfect for those chilly afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gudrun's color sense! And, those leggings are perfect! And, yes, this weekend was just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the leggings and Gudrun's clothes; I accidentally found her NYC store last year but didn't buy anything. Good for you for focusing on the kids instead of paperwork; it really helps doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cowls are addictive, aren't they? Fall in the Midwest is the best. We have lots of leaves here, too. Now I need to check out your pattern and the leggings. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds marvelous! I love the cowl, and those leggings are so cheerful and lovely. I've been intrigued by Gudrun's clothing, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I have been buying some cheerful LuLaRoe leggings and dresses, but I don't enjoy the sales model they use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your leggings are fabulous! Now I need to check out Gudrun's (why haven't I known of them previously???). Your cowl is equally as beautiful. Glad your weekend was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI pretty lady! LOVE Your cowl and your leggings. Have fun with your brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW, what do you think about the sizing on Gudrun's clothing? True to size? Run small or large?

    ReplyDelete