Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Last Days of Knitting Outdoors

I'm sure I'm not the only person who read that we just finished the warmest September on record. While that is not good news for Mother Earth, it does make for lovely knitting in the late afternoons. I've been able to make some progress on my Granola sock.
 The knitting has been aided by my current audiobook: Belgravia by Julian Fellowes, who you may know as the creator of Downton Abbey. It is far from a great work of literature, but it is frothy and engaging. I'm not sure I'd get through the book, but the reader of the audiobook does an amazing job with the voices. Perfect for escapist knitting!

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone at Ginny's Yarn Along.

13 comments:

  1. I will have to queue up Belgravia via Overdrive! And, that socks looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are awesome. Enjoy the pretty fall colors coming our way! We really need to meet up and knit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is the first day in forever I have the AC off and the windows open. I even took a walk in the woods. It feels odd to be outside when I've been shut in for months because of the heat and humidity. This has been a crazy year for weather. Now if we can just keep those hurricanes at bay....

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'm going to make those socks, too. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your days while you can, it will soon be to chilly to be sitting out.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of that yarn! Crazy weather, as here we have just had the coldest, wettest September and it seems like spring is never arriving. You must have spring over there for longer this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty sock and the view from your chair looks pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love your sock pattern. SOOOOO Delicate. I love these warm days in WISCONSIN

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful knitting!! I agree delicate and lacy :) I want to read belgravia since I love DA. I miss that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to audio books while knitting. Two of my favorite things!

      Delete
  10. That photo is completely captures escapist knitting! It's dreamy. I'm filled with envy. I'm going to have to slice up a little daytime happy knitting this weekend, maybe outside too, if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldnt agree with more on ELLEN reports post. Undue pressure on HS kids and overprivledges are not fair or good for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knitting outside is a treat you have made me realize I have not enjoyed for awhile, and with all our rain of late it may be awhile before I can do it again. I love seeing the pretty pattern of your sock take shape!

    ReplyDelete