Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Knitting and Reading in Autumn Glory


The weather continues to be just glorious. I've been walking to and from work to take advantage of the mild temps and the scarlet leaves. It does mean I have to make sure I walk less at work -- but it's worth it.

Between work and the Jewish holidays, it's been hard to find time to knit or read. I did manage to finish the collar of my Vodka Lemonade sweater. I love seed stitch, but it makes for slow knitting
I've had to restart Where the Jews Aren't a few times because I usually read at bedtime, and I have been too tired to absorb everything. It's the interesting and quirky true story of how Russia set aside land near Mongolia in the 1920s to create a Jewish homeland. Obviously, it didn't work. I just started How It Went Down because I need to have a longer list of books to recommend to teen boys.

Last night my art group met at Tsela's house. I thought you'd enjoy seeing how her cat Cecil luxuriated in yarn.

I'll be joining up with Ginny to Yarn Along. See you there!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like my kitties when I give them the occasional yarn ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecil is a chubby buddy! What a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat looks like he is in heaven :) Vodka Lemonade - such a cool name, love it :) Seed stitch definitely takes time, but the texture created is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have been out and about enjoying Fall, knitting and reading some, and I loved seeing the yarn kitty. Once I came home and discovered our Mister Kitty had taken a ball of yarn all over my sons' room...in cartoon fashion. The design was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright yarn of your Vodka Lemonade! And, I will take every single moment of this weather! It is truly amazing! Those books look interesting as well! Thank you for keeping my "to read" list growing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shade of yellow, it looks good on me :) Can't wait to see your sweater progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat yellow seed stitch is perfection. Love the look, don't like the work involved! Im so lazy. Ive been riding with the windows open and trying to walk outside in this glorious Wisconsin fall toO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your VL pattern is very pretty! The color is also, and normally I'm not a fan of yellow. Have you Googled books for male teens? I just did, and came up with lots of links. Sounds like you preread your suggestions, and I think that's awesome! I just finished The Secret Chord and heard the author speak, and I am done with Medicus for book club next Monday and reading Cheaper by the Dozen for next month. It's busy here and very wet, too, but at least the predicted winds passed us by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are brave, seed stitch is sooooo slow. I just finished Louise Penny's last book, it was stunning.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy! Vodka Lemonade is looking great. Cats are a hoot, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecil looks like he is having a trully chillaxin time with the yarn :) Nice colour for your pattern.

    ReplyDelete