Sunday, October 2, 2016

Happy New Year!

It's been a few weeks since I blogged.  I love my new school, but it's going to take a while before I figure out how to do this new job in less than 50 hours a week.  So it's nice that the Jewish New Year is giving me a three-day weekend to catch my breath and regain a bit of balance. I'll be attending services tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the peacefulness that brings me.

To mark the new year, I cast on for what I hope will be successful sweater number 2.
The pattern is Vodka Lemonade by Thea Coleman. Like my first successful sweater, it is a top-down design with an open front ...no buttons or button-holes! It is a little bit more challenging than my Harvest sweater, but not too much. I don't want to risk any more failed sweaters!

I've begun trying to catch up on my blog reading and I'm looking forward to seeing what each of you is up to.

11 comments:

  1. Shanah Tova! May this year be the sweetest year for you.

    Your new sweater pattern is very cute. Can't wait to see the progression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my friend. May you find the peace you are seeking. I sound Buddhist! I am loving that new sweater pattern, good luck with sweater number 2.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! May it be full of only good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! The sweater pattern you've chosen is beautiful! Looking forward to progress posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and cheers for your new project! I hope you are able to soak in some good rest during this little break and that you have a good week. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy NEW YEAR I hope you enjoy family and friends this week
    I have to look u pyour sweater...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very pretty pattern! Harvest is on my list, but right now I'm working on something I started in the last century. Talk about UFOs, eh? I sure hope your students and parents appreciate your hard work. Teaching is definitely a calling, IMHO. Hugs to you and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that pattern! I don't know that I've ever been able to spend less than 50 hours a week teaching. Please share how you manage that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New year! I hope the new job settles down soon and I am looking forward to seeing your vodka lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's a cute pattern! Looks like a versatile and very wearable cardi. Sending you positive vibes for teaching. Never enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete