Wednesday, July 13, 2016

There's Nothing Like Cashmere

Don't you just love it when you stumble on a pattern you love and find that you have the perfect yarn for it in your stash? That's what happened with the Three Color Cashmere Cowl.
I saw a sample in a LYS and realized that I had the perfect gray and black yarn in my stash. They are Sun Valley Fibers yarns, and they do have cashmere in them. My neck and face are sensitive to wool, but the cashmere seems to solve that problem. The red is a MadTosh. It doesn't have cashmere, but there is only one section of it.

The Water Knife is like a lot of thrillers: The plot is better than the characterization. Set in a dystopic future Southwest, where water is in extreme shortage, the story follows three characters. The idea and setting are quite convincing. Not sure if I'll finish this.

Is it hot everywhere? We are having a hot week here in southern Wisconsin. My favorite weapon in these times -- we don't have AC -- is Starbuck's Instant Via Very Berry Hibiscus.

While I sip away, I'll be checking to see what everyone is up to at Ginny's Yarn Along.

13 comments:

  1. I've just knit that pattern twice....the last one in your exact colorway!!! One of the most satisfying knits (for me) in a long time!!! Hope you like it as much I did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been ghastly hot here as well! Although, I am not complaining, really - I am not! However, I am watering... lots and lots. I am glad it is not in shortage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to knit that pattern!!! I want to so badly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds intriguing (and I think I may've read The Windup Girl). Added to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cowl would be very useful here! This really isn't the summer to visit the PNW unless you like cool, cloudy weather.Right now, mid afternoon, it's only 66! The clouds burn off eventually, but hey, it feels like fall?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a non fiction book on tape for knitting. THe golf thing is going on again on TV all weekend here. ugh. I will be happy to watch more AMy BEth Fat squirrel you tubes or listen to a book.
    I LOVE your cowl Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot, hot, hot and the humidity is horrible. It's making the Tour really not fun. The cowl looks scrummy. I love stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found out last week that my favorite yarn shop is closing in August - whaaaa! So I ran down there to pick up some yarns for projects. And then I said - I'm going to buy a skein of cashmere yarn. I had been planning on it, but kept putting it off. But now I was treating myself. I got one called Shades of Brown (so pretty). Not sure yet what "it will be"...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, we haven't had too terrible weather this summer. Lots of rain, mild to high temps, and I haven't noticed lots of bugs. Waiting for the umpteenth storm to hit though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's HOT in Maryland, but thankfully, we have AC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really into iced tea right now too. Unfortunately I am also trying to watch my caffeine intake and the black tea is my favorite. The weather is lovely so I'm not overheated at least. I love your hat and it's color combination. I now understand the power of cashmere. It's fabulous, beautiful, wearable and fun to work with just expensive. No sweaters that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those colors are magic together!

    Yep --- hot and HUMID! But, I suppose that is expected here.....it's FLORIDA and it is SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is hot as Hades here, with no hope for all cool weather until late October.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete