Thursday, July 28, 2016

California Wrap-Up

Ten days in California sure did go fast. Joni had toe fusion surgery in June, so she was still in a walking cast -- and at times on a knee-scooter -- but she was recovering faster than expected. As a result, we were able to do quite a few little trips from Berkeley.
One day we went up to Sausalito. While it is a touristy place, the setting is beautiful and the shops were a lot of fun to poke around in.
Another day we drove into San Francisco to see a movie, Baba Joon, as part of the Jewish Film Festival. It was a great movie, and it was fun to walk around the Castro. I have to say that the Castro is a lot more family friendly than it was 20 years years ago.
After the movie, we walked toward the Mission District and totally by chance, we ran into ImaginKnit, a store jam-packed with great yarn and samples.
The owner keeps two dogs at the store, and I had to take a picture of this one because it's an Italian Grayhound, my vet-student son's favorite breed.
We wanted to people-watch, so we stopped at the Dolores Park Cafe, where I had a beet smoothie.  It tasted, well ... very healthy.
Thanks for a fabulous trip, Joni. I am so lucky to have you as a friend!










6 comments:

  1. What a great trip! Have a safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had such a great time! That knit shop looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fantastic time! Great photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dog in the yarn store! I want to see Baba Joon.
    I want to meet you! Its in my top list when we finally move . THings are complicated here. Delays, etc, all good but slow moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun trip; the knit shop was a bonus. Did you buy any yarn???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel friends are the best!!! (I just finished a similar trip to visit a college friend on the Cape). And you bought.......???????????

    ReplyDelete