Friday, July 8, 2016

FO Friday: Harvest Sweater

It took four attempts, but I finally have a sweater that I knit that fits!

I finished my Harvest Sweater at Knitting Camp and even Meg Swansen approves:
She liked the way it fits across the back:
Yep, I'm pretty proud!
This Tin Can Knits design is a great pattern. Not only is it free, but it is designed to be a first sweater so it comes with clear, detailed instructions. Even I could follow them! The yarn is Cascade 220 in a heathered pink. It took five skeins, meaning that the sweater only cost me about $45.

(The first three sweaters are in landfills somewhere.)

Have a great weekend. I'm headed to Chicago for an Urban Sketching workshop.


14 comments:

  1. Look at that SMILE on you, girl!!!! That is one PROUD moment. The sweater looks great! Pink is YOUR COLOR!

    Have a great time at the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Your Meg approved sweater is approved by me, too :) You look pretty in pink and I love the photo with you and Meg! Have a wonderful time sketching this weekend, and I would love to see more of your drawing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always on the move! Have fun at the workshop.
    She is very right, the sweater is great on you! Glad you found a good pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome awesome finish. I m so proud of you! Great color. It will be so cheerful on a dark day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a lovely time at the workshop. Love the sweater, it fits perfectly and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic in it and if Meg approves that is all you need to know it is a fabulous success.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah! Can't imagination having Meg's approval; Kudos to you for a great finish. Enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sweater! Well done! Of course, that sort of thing probably means more coming from Meg Swansen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! The sweater, and you I might add, look fantastic! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look gorgeous and so does your fitting sweater! well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That sweater looks fantastic!! Well done. BONUS POINTS for Meg Swansen! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the sweater looks great (and that's really saying something when I say it when the temps are in the upper 90s!!! and I'm sweating like crazy!) Urban sketching? like...journal kind of sketching? can't wait to hear all about that one!

    ReplyDelete