Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Holiday Weekends Rock

With spring in full swing, the three-day weekend was glorious.

Because I have feet problems, I have to plan cooking carefully so that I have time to break up the standing. It was a perfect weekend for knitting breaks in the back yard.
I did get out for a bike ride and headed east. The UW campus is beautiful. This is the Historical Society Library, where I did all my master's research a long time ago!
All the cooking worked out well:
And we had a family gathering on Memorial Day! I'm just mad that I forgot to take pictures. That's a strawberry pie on the left and a pecan pie on the right. I could live on pie! Are you a pie eater?

Hope your weekend was great!

7 comments:

  1. Pie is simply the best! Yours look quite yummy. Glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my....pie!!!! It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I COULD live on pie!!! I'd have a different kind at every meal!!!

    I could definitely enjoy a slice of THOSE pies. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love pie, too...just about any variety :) So glad you had a lovely weekend, and I hope you have a good week ahead. I plan to be camping for two weeks so will be out of touch with you for a bit...am taking yarn and art supplies with me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pies look very yummy! We love pie here, too, way more than cake. The only go-to cake is the Coca Cola recipe that became a birthday tradition. Love the color of your knitting project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The summer fruits are just absolutely fantastic right now. Your strawberry pie is inspiring! I will try and make some berry & stone fruit handpies this week! Your knitting almost matches the pie!

    ReplyDelete