Sunday, May 8, 2016

What Do You Do When You're Stressed?

I knit. I bet you do, too!


I've been bogged down by extra paperwork and cold, rainy days.  But it is nice to come home and curl up with a cup of tea and an easy project. As a result, I've made pretty good progress on my Dot the Dress-Up Box Monster. Pretty soon, I'll be kitchnering the the top of her head.
I've gone a little crazy on the pendants. Yes, these all come from one pattern:
I think that they'll be great gifts. The problem is that I want to keep all of them!

I'm thrilled that some days are warm enought that we can use the three-season porch. This afternoon Naji looks like he wants the room to himself! Perhaps he just doesn't want to share the magazine.



12 comments:

  1. i understand beading can be as addictive as knitting!!!! Can't wait to see you little monster!! I haven't made one in ages....hmmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see why you want to keep them all, they are just beautiful. Hope you have a good week and Happy Mother's Day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty beadwork! I have the utmost respect for those who bead after I did those simple stitch markers. Working with metal is hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bead work you did is so pretty! I bounce around with all of my projects. Now I want to add beading. The little monster is going to be cute, can't wait to see it complete. Have a nice week, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pendants! Can't wait to see the finished monster also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat looks like mine! I tend to stress eat which is why I'm back to counting calories. Love the pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...the results of your de-stressing are beautiful pendants, and a mystery monster...impressive! Wishing you a happy week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. NAJI!!! We are able to be on the screened porch about every other day now.
    THe cats are out there every day now.
    Im kind of stressed but its all good. Knitting socks.
    I lost myself in a lace bulky this weekend and it helped me to concentrate on knitting and the charts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beaded pendants, such sweet gifts. Can't wait to see your finished Dot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beaded pendants are awesome. I love the purple and blue one. Beautiful! Good luck with the end of the school year. Hopefully we can get a few more sunny days here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your blog there's a lot to share. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the beaded pendants and keep making them! Then you can decide which ones you want to gift to whom later. :) I think right now, I'm just riding through the stress. I can't even seem to knit through it right now. It's okay it's just how it goes sometimes :) I don't know if Naji wants the room to himself or perhaps he just wants some company to destress.

    ReplyDelete