Sunday, May 1, 2016

Friends and Finishes

It was gray weekend, but I'm not complaining because I had a lot to do to get ready for two upcoming exhibits. Besides, there were enough breaks from working to make it seem like a weekend.

Friday night Keith and I had dinner with my parents. It was Greek Night at their community and the food was quite good. This morning my friend Marsha had a little gathering at her house.
Marsha, left, had a very color-coordinated table today. Next to her is Tsela.
Mimi wore with her birthday socks. (Sorry about the blurry photo. I'm blaming the cloudy day and lack of light.)
On Saturday, Tsela and I made pendants from a recent Bead & Button magazine. This pattern is a bit tricky, but I figured it out in the end. Tracking down all the supplies was actually the hardest part. There are all these new shaped beads and no local store carries all of them.
I'm happy with how it turned out. This photo doesn't do justice to the colors. It's mostly blues and purples, with some gold accents. I'm sure I'll make a few more.

I did a little knitting, but more importantly, I wove in ends and produced two FOs:
I have searched Ravelry and cannot find the name of this market bag. It's a quick knit and cute, so I'd like to share the pattern!
And here is one of those little projects that got lost in the shuffle for the months, waiting to be seamed. Just another washcloth to put in the gift box.

I like quiet weekends like this. During the school year. I need to recharge and get a few things done before plunging back into another week.

7 comments:

  1. Nice projects. The pendant is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pendant is perfect! I am in awe of your skills my friend. I am loving that knitted market bag and of course love the dishcloth.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I admire your skills and finished projects! It is wonderful that you had lovely times with family and friends and that you feel recharged after your busy weekend and work week. When I worked as a teaching assistant in a Title 1 elementary school program, I loved the work, and the weekends too, but somehow the weekends seemed to go by at supersonic speed in comparison to the school days :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recharging is good for the sould. I read a book about the Sacred Sabbath years ago and it is so important to SLOW down. Love your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely good to recharge. Love all your projects, especially the socks and the bag is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice weekend! Ours was just the opposite, babysitting for the GK. Whew! Love the pendant; that looks very complicated. That is one of my favorite washcloth patterns! Nice finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pendant!! I think you had a fab weekend!! (love the bag, I've made one similar before I was blogging)

    ReplyDelete