Monday, May 23, 2016

It's working!

I'm a bit afraid of jinxing myself, but I'm optimistic about this sweater! I tried on Harvest this weekend, and it fits. I see the beauty of top down! It's even beginning to look like a sweater:
I'm making it out of Cascade 220 in a pink heather, and I'm liking the color. That's a good thing because I have a lot of stockinette ahead of me!

We seem to have gone from late winter weather directly into summer. I headed out on my bike Saturday and Sunday, and it was glorious. Sunday I biked with my sketching friend Tsela. We went to the Arboretum, where we drew the azaleas:
It was a good weekend of times with friends and family. Seth has finished the second year of vet school and is volunteering with a vet this summer, so I hope to see more of him. And there are just three more weeks of school -- not that I'm county.

8 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous knit! I love the color. Seth home for the summer ??!!!! yes. !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely knitting and art work, and your summer promises to be rewarding! I hope your work week flies happily by :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that sweater. That's my kind of shaping. I need to go look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Both the sweater start and the picture! Now you need to be on the hunt for the perfect shawl-type pin to use on the finished sweater. (like on the pattern photo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather here did the same thing and my allergies are in a tissy. Seriously, I hate that. But I LOVE the sweater. So glad it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are counting....yay to seeing him a bit more!! lovely drawing, you are talented. I love your sweater and I love that this might be THE PATTERN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater is looking fantastic. I need to get ready to cast mine on but there are other things to be finished first. Happy Summer!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater is gorgeous! I love the colors. I have only been to the Arboretum once. I need to go again now that the weather is summer like.

    ReplyDelete