Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It's All Good

I'm in a pretty good mood this morning. There are only 8 more days until summer break! The art show I'm in opens tomorrow night. And I'm enjoying my knitting and reading.

I had lost my place on the Winding Way socks, thanks to a Post-It Note that had lost too much of its stickiness. I figured it out over the three-day weekend, and now it's moving along smoothly.

I realized that it's a Tin Can Knits pattern -- which is the same designer as my sweater, Harvest. That's coming along smoothly, too, but I thought I'd give you a break from photos of endless pink!

And I'm loving both these books:
Speak by Louisa Hall reminds me of some of David Mitchell's books because it ties together people from across history, some real and others fictional, who are struggling to tell their stories in various ways. Unlike a Mitchell novel, though, it is fairly short. A good summer read. How About Never? Is Never Good For You? doubles as Bob Mankoff's autobiography and an inside look at the cartoons in The New Yorker. Also an entertaining read!

I'll be joining up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

15 comments:

  1. I never need a break from pink,but I do love your sock, xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sock....(aren't all socks pretty great when you get right down to it?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lush socks! glad you have found your way again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sock! And, a small knitting help - (if you have an iPhone) KnitCompanion exceeds post it notes in every way! And, it keeps your place even when you stitch between patterns! https://www.knitcompanion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love everything about those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sock, nice pattern and great color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy tin can knits patterns. :) Glad you are having a good morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can always appreciate pink! However, blue is my favourite colour so I love those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That New Yorker cartoon hangs in the ladies' room of a local restaurant that we go to a lot! LOL

    The socks are very pretty. You are obviously a TIN CAN FAN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you figure out where you are :) Love the book selections this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love New Yorker cartoons ! I d love that book

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that sock! It makes me crazy when post-its do that. I just finished Dead Wake about the sinking of the Lusitania; it was a page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admire your knitting and your reading selections look interesting! Now that it is June 12th you must be on summer break! Enjoy!!! xx

    ReplyDelete