Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Winding Way

Is already Wednesday again? The weeks are going faster as we get closer to summer break! I'll make it quick today because I need to get to work early this morning.

This weekend, I picked up a sock I started months ago: Winding Way
It's a Tin Can Knits pattern from the book Handmade in the U.K. Of course it's well-written and fun to knit, but I don't think you can appreciate how clever the pattern is until I can actually model it. It does feel good to pick up a project that's been languishing!
As for reading, I'm still enjoying Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher by Timothy Egan. This guy can really write! This could be a very dull story in another writer's hands. But Egan brings to life the early years of the 20th century when Edward Curtis was trying to photograph Native Americans before their culture was completely obliterated.

I hope your week is zipping along! Don't forget to join Ginny for Yarn Along!


12 comments:

  1. I have some socks that need some love ASAP! They gave been languishing. Xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty pattern and a gorgeous blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i cannot wait to pick up a languishing project or two! It will feel good indeed. I'm glad you're having that feeling now and enjoying that knit. The pattern is knitting up well, so it's good to know it's as nice to knit as it is to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make me want to read that bookk! I think I shall

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that sock pattern, is it as complicated to knit as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers for your sock progress! The book looks interesting...now to make more time for reading :) xx
    PS I answered your question back in my blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color, so rich. And the pattern looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm that pattern looks lovely and the colour is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy knitting and reading.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one beautiful intricate sock!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun sock! I just finished reading The Girl Who Wrote in Silk, a very interesting account of a based on a true and sad period in Seattle history. BTW could you send me your July dates again please?

    ReplyDelete