Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Warm Weather Colors

I couldn't help but notice that the projects that are calling out to me are either springlike or summery. I've been zipping along on my market bag (pattern unknown). These feel like beach colors to me. The yellow is just so sunny. Don't you love knitting on big needles? The stitches just fly.
My Antarktis is blocking and I am SO tempted to cast on a new shawl, but I am trying to be more organized about my knitting. Instead of starting something new, I'm going to pick up the Garland Shawl by Michele Bernstein, which is in an apple green color -- very springlike!
 As you can see, I have done quite a bit on this project, but it has been in hibernation for a long time. I started it in June 2013! I hate trying to figure out where I am in the pattern, but once I get past that, I think it will go smoothly.

Garland is also the first project I've used beads in. I hope remember how to do that!
As for reading, I'm almost done with Jacksonland. This man should definitely not be on any dollar bill! I have a stack of books from the library and I'll just have to see what sticks.
As always, I'm joining up today with Ginny to Yarn Along.

17 comments:

  1. I love the fun spring colors!! Enjoy your knitting and way to go picking up a WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! I love it all, especially the apple green! Finish that baby. Heeee hhhaaaaawwwwww! Xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green shawlette!! Is it fairly easy to do? It sounded like it was when I looked at the pattern description....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THINK IM in love with your market bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the happy colors in your market bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shawl. That green is just beautiful. I just had to scratch my head at a vintage lace wip and it wasn't fun. It's smooth sailing now though. I WILL take better notes the next time I put something in hibernation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun projects! Love the green shawlette. I have quite a few hibernators, too. Sigh, there's just never enough hours in a day, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your market bag. I've seen a few people make these and think it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beautiful green on that shawl, can't wait to see it finished.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup. I picked up a cardigan I hadn't touched in two months. Did I think to write down where I stopped? Nope! Good luck finding your place, I hope it turns out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that your knits are hinting to warmer weather! pretty! I say cast on another shawl :) then I won't feel bad for casting on more stuff as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous colours! You are very disciplined to keep working on your WIP's - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those colours! Big chunky circulars are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors! I am working with some spring colors too, just boring St st in fingering weight!! I almost can't stand to pick it up!!! I will need stamina to finish this cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors. Have always wanted to knit with beads, but just never seem to get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely projects. I've got lots I need to finish before starting anything new but always seem to lack focus. (Isn't it amazing how we tend to gloss over historical facts and figures.) Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. good for you for sticking to the ufos for inspiration...i need to be so inspired. Nothing is calling to me to start...and nothing is calling to me to finish. sort of in knitting la-la land. blech. (great colours in that market bag!!!.....I don't want to go grocery shopping either. SO ready for a good farmer's market to open!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete