Wednesday, August 12, 2015

More Stitching and Reading

Hello, fellow crafters and readers! I look forward to Tuesdays and Wednesday to see what my stitching pals are up to!

I've been making books with coptic binding -- when I have time. My brother Eric is here for the week with his family and my daughter is home, so there is lots of family fun going on, especially lots of eating! Really, you get two Jewish mothers cooking, and the amount of food provided is overwhelming.

Back to crafting, here are my lastest creations.
There is just so much lovely paper out there. I feel like I could make an endless number of these. Stitching the binding is rhythmic and relaxing, but preparing all the pieces is a lot of work that involves sharp cutting instruments.
I'm still reading the same books as last week:
And I'm still enjoying both. WTF is described as a cyber-thriller, which is accurate, but it's more than that. It is a novel with fully formed characters that asks compelling questions about our growing Internet connections. Sweater Quest, one woman's story of her attempt to knit an Alice Starmore sweater, continues to hold my interest. Written in a breezy, humorous tone, it has a lot of interesting information about knitting in general, as well as Starmore.

It is so nice to crawl into bed each night and have two good books to choose from! 

I'm joining Ginny for Yarn Along.

9 comments:

  1. Love all your books! How will you use them? I just finished several knitting projects and John Grisham's Time to Kill. It's a page-turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check out WTF I think; I'm intrigued now!

    Your handmade books are beautiful. Always nice to have a good book to store one's thoughts in

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF sounds fascinating - I will add it to my goodreads list :) and those books are gorgeous! jenny xx - www.thegeekyknitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the binding, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "fully formed characters". I realize this may be the opposite of your situation, but I am hoping to start reading again when school starts. I need some structure and routine in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching the binding is so cool. Good for you! I may get Fireman to do that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweater Quest sounds like an interesting read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vacation location looks darling! I read and enjoyed SweaterQuest. Just started All the Light We Cannot See, and have made 3 of the projects in Island! We definitely are living similar lives! Beach here next summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your book binding is looking fantastic. Enjoy all the family and feasting time this week!!!

    ReplyDelete